Hydrolats or flower waters, are produced during the steam distillation of essential oils. These waters contain water soluble plant extracts making them perfect as natural skin toners. Our organic rose hydrolat has a sweet delicate aroma, and is gentle and skin calming making it suitable for all skin types.
Hydrolats are made during the steam distillation of essential oils and contain the water soluble parts of the plant. Our Grandmother’s knew about the benefits of using these – they were known as rosewater and orange blossom waters. Our Hydrolat Toners are completely natural without any preservatives or harsh alcohols, so they work in harmony with the skin. They have a subtle aroma and can be spritzed straight from the bottle or sprayed onto a cotton pad, and leave the skin feeling soft, clean, without any tightness.
Hydrolats are completely natural, so just be aware that each batch will have a slightly different aroma. Rose hydrolat can have a sweet, floral aroma but sometimes it is deeper and a little more musky. This variation in aroma is completely normal since each rose harvest will vary, so the roses that are used will have slightly different aromas each year. This variation in sweetness will be reflected in the hydrolat's aroma when it is produced during the distillation process. The gentle skin-calming properties of rose hydrolat will be the same.
Our current batch of rose hydrolat has a musky sweet fragrance note.
Our pure certified organic rose hydrolat contains no alcohol or preservatives. Aqua and Rosa Damascena - and nothing else.
We use Miron glass bottles which are expensive, but this violet glass has unique properties that block the harmful parts of the light spectrum. This means our organic hydrolats when stored in Miron do not need added preservatives and should last for longer. We'd suggest that you purchase your first hydrolat in Miron packaging and then top up the bottle with refills.
Our organic hydrolats are available in the following options:
- 50ml blue glass bottle with spray attachment that's great for taking on holiday or to the gym.
- 100ml refill in HDPE white/clear plastic bottle that's great for decanting into your glass bottles.
- 100ml refill in amber glass (bottle has an essential oil dripper attachment, which can be removed for decanting).
- 100ml blue glass bottle with a white/silver spray attachment - a lovely blue bottle that's a little cheaper than Miron but can still be re-used by unscrewing the cap and topping up with our refills.
- 100ml Miron violet glass bottle with spray attachment - in our opinion the best way to store hydrolats since the unique violet glass protects the delicate hydrolat from the damaging rays of the sun so will make your hydrolat last for longer even if it's not refrigerated. Remember to keep this bottle (since it was more expensive) so you can keep topping it up with refills, and it's more environmentally friendly!