Hydrolats or flower waters, are produced during the steam distillation of essential oils. These waters contain water soluble plant extracts making them perfect as natural skin toners. Our organic orange blossom hydrolat is slightly astringent, making it suitable for normal, combination and dry skin types.
Hydrolats are completely natural, so just be aware that each batch will have a slightly different aroma. Orange Blossom hydrolat can have a dry slightly floral aroma. This variation in aroma is completely normal since each harvest will vary, so the orange blossom that is used will give a slightly different aroma as it is distilled. The gentle skin-calming properties of our orange blossom hydrolat will be the same, but we'd describe our current batch of orange blossom hydrolat as having a drier aroma. If a sweeter aroma is required, then please consider trying the rosewater.
Pure certified organic hydrolat - Aqua and Citrus Aurantium - and nothing else. Contains no alcohol or preservatives. We'd suggest our hydrolats are stored cool and dark, ideally refrigerated.
Miron glass is expensive, but has unique properties that block the harmful parts of the light spectrum. This means hydrolat stored in Miron doesn't need added preservatives and should last for longer. We'd suggest that you purchase your first hydrolat in Miron packaging and then top up the bottle with refills.
Our organic hydrolats are available in the following options:
- 50ml blue glass bottle with spray attachment that's great for taking on holiday or to the gym.
- 100ml refill in HDPE white/clear plastic bottle that's great for decanting into your glass bottles.
- 100ml refill in brown amber glass bottle (supplied with an essential oil dripper attachment, which needs to removed for decanting).
- 100ml blue glass bottle with a white/silver spray attachment - a lovely blue bottle that's a little cheaper than Miron but can still be re-used by unscrewing the cap and topping up with our refills.
- 100ml Miron violet glass bottle with spray attachment - in our opinion the best way to store hydrolats since the unique violet glass protects the delicate hydrolat from the damaging rays of the sun so will make your hydrolat last for longer even if it's not refrigerated. Remember to keep this bottle (since it was more expensive) so you can keep topping it up with refills, and it's more environmentally friendly!